Monday, June 23, 2008

This is the opposite of jokes. This is tragedies.

In case you haven't heard the news yet, the great George Carlin died yesterday due to heart failure. To be blunt, this just straight up fuckin' sucks.
Those who know me well enough know that my favorite two comedians are Mitch Hedberg and George Carlin. Hedberg's been dead for three years now, and now Carlin's gone. Must all the great humor be sucked straight out of my life? -_-;
Something happened today that was sort of strange. My mother has one of George Carlin's books, When Will Jesus Bring The Pork Chops, (which I've stolen from her, haha) and I randomly decided to read it again after looking over the books in my bookshelf. I read for about an hour or so before deciding to check my MySpace. Somewhere on the second page of bulletins I saw this:




Warning: This next paragraph will have some words not suitable for minors.

My first thought? "Yeah okay, lying sack of shit, George Carlin's not dead." Then I opened the bulletin and read. My second thought? "Holy fucking shit, he's really dead. Excuse me, when the fuck did this happen?" Then I read the actual article which randomly made me come to my third thought; "Woah.. That's weird.. I was just reading one of his books."

Before I start ranting more, I'm just going to post what I came here to post; A simple blog in memory of an amazingly funny man.


R.I.P. George Carlin.
May 12th, 1937 - June 22nd, 2008








0 comments: